How to Root Google smartphone Nexus 5
Google launched its smart phone Nexus 5 with Android 4.4 KitKat. Although it’s a very nice Android version but if you want to customize your device efficiently rather than spending hours of time to customize your device because rooting your device removes all data and settings from your device. Installing a custom ROM or custom recovery is a good idea but you have to think about this also that this will harm your warranty.
If you wan to unlock at all then Google had made this very easy for you like other Nexus Devices (Google smart phones) you can unlock Nexus 5 by installing Android SDK and then connect your device with PC and after that you can unlock your device by running fastboot oem unlock command. but there are other simple ways to unlock your device. you can do his by rooting your device.
Rooting Nexus 5:
There comes many software’s for rooting Nexus 5 just few days after Nexus 5 comes in market for sale. I use Chinfire’s CF Auto Root for Nexus 5. Because this is specially designed for Nexus 5 Device. Using this software you can unlock boot loader and root Nexus 5 by Linux, windows or OSx. The bellow mentioned procedure is for windows PC users.
- Download CF auto Root in your pc from Chainfire’s website for free.
- Unzip files to a folder on your pc.
- Open command prompt window on your pc by typing cmd in run window from start of window.
- copy address of unzipped folder(by opening that folder and copy from address bar) and paste in command prompt window. after that we proceed here from 8th step.
- Switch off your Nexus 5.
- Open boot loader mode by pressing power + volume up + volume down buttons at a time
- Connect your phone with PC.
- Now just type root-windows.bat in command prompt and press enter.
- Now you have to just follow the instructions.
After that your pc sends a command to unlock boot loader and you will see red android logo on nexus 5 screen. This confirms that your device is rooted and Super SU is installed in your device.
Your device will reboot now. This will take more time than usual but don’t worry next time it will take less time. This process will remove all data from your device. and resets the factory setting.