How to root your HTC wildfire S
If you are looking ahead to Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for your HTC wildfire S device, then the wait’s over now. With the assistance of the Cyanogen-mod, you’ll get the ICS running on your HTC wildfire S. You have to root your phone to get custom ROM in it. Here’s the way how you’ll root your HTC wildfire S.
Before You Begin:
- You have to unlock boot loader of your device. Visit the HTCDev web site to try and do that.
- Since the process will take some time so, you have to charge your device at least 75%.
Downloading needed Files:
Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the HTC Wildfire S:
- Download both files on your PC. but Don’t extract any of them.
- Connect the HTC wildfire S to your PC via USB cable.
- Transfer the Clockwork-mod Recovery Image and Root Script files to the basic folder of your device’s Memory card.
- Disconnect the device from your PC when the files are transferred.
- Turn Off the Fast boot option of your phone from Menu>Settings>Power>Fast boot.
- Turn Your Device OFF
- boot your device into boot-loader mode. simply press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons along and you will be in boot-loader mode.
- It will automatically get PG76IMG.zip file and prompt you to flash it. Just select YES and it will start flashing.
- Reboot your device when the flashing is finished.
The ClockworkMod Recovery is now installed in on your device. Let’s see how you’ll use it to root your phone.
Rooting the HTC wildfire S:
- First of all you have to ensure that the Root Script file is in your Memory card.
- Turn your device OFF.
- Reboot your device into CWM Recovery mode. To do this, you have to just press and hold both Volume DOWN+Power buttons.
- Select Recovery option from the menu that seems on your screen.
- From CWM Recovery Menu, select “install zip from sdcard” followed by “choose zip from sdcard“.
- Go to the folder wherever you place the Root Script file and open it to start flashing.
- It may take 1 or 2 minutes to complete flashing the file.
- when file is flashed, select reboot system now from Recovery menu.
Great! You have root access on your device and CWM Recovery. With these 2 powers, you can customize your device too efficiently.