How to unroot Nexus 5 completely with windows, Linux and Mac?
If you had root your Nexus 5 but now you want to claim for warranty and want to send to manufacturer for its recovery or change you are unable to do it so because of rooting. You need to unroot your Nexus 5 first to claim for warranty and change or technical recovery.
Must Read : Rooting Benefits
Why you Have to Unroot your Nexus 5 and Benefits of Unrooting?
You have also the best option of rooting to your phone when you want to remove all your data from your phone for selling or some other purpose. The benefit to unroot your devise is that your devise will become as it was the first day you purchase it. Easily claim your warranty without any hesitations or fear of being changed in the operating systems
To unroot Nexus 5 first you have to follow some pre advises for the safety and best results.
- Before start rooting to Nexus first you should be careful that your device is fully charged because if not it may switch off during the procedure which may result as a damage of your mobile phone which was hard to recover so be conscious about battery.
- Before to unroot Nexus 5 it is important that you have to backup all your data an files if not you do it results into loss of your data permanently so please backup your data SMS, Contacts, emails and apps. You have to first backup and restore your data you need.
- Install all the drivers of Nexus 5 to connect your PC with your mobile before you start unroot your mobile first ensure that the devise was enable to connect with your PC. And also enable the Usb debugging mode on your device, it is compulsory before you start rooting or unroot your device.
How to Unroot Nexus 5?
To unroot your Nexus 5 you can first be sure that you are clear about unroot, its functionality and why you want do it. And follow the first precautionary steps then follow the following.
1. Switch off your mobile phone. After that press the volume down and power buttons for abut 10 to 15 sec to open your Nexus 5 in boot loader menu.
2. After that connect your Nexus 5 with mini Usb cable to the system ( better if the cable is original).
3.Now download the latest “Unroot Nexus 5” and unzip the folder to the desktop.
4. Open the “Command Prompt” in windows or “Terminal” for Mac or Linux an write the following
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-hammerhead-HHZ11d.img
fastboot flash radio radio-hammerhead-M8974A-22.214.171.124.17.img
fastboot -w update image-hammerhead-krt16m.zip
./fastboot-mac flash bootloader bootloader-hammerhead-HHZ11d.img
./fastboot-mac flash radio radio-hammerhead-M8974A-126.96.36.199.17.img
./fastboot-mac -w update image-hammerhead-krt16m.zip
./fastboot-linux flash bootloader bootloader-hammerhead-HHZ11d.img
./fastboot-linux flash radio radio-hammerhead-M8974A-188.8.131.52.17.img
./fastboot-linux -w update image-hammerhead-krt16m.zip
5.Now automatically your phone start reboot but their may be a chance that might your phone get stuck on ‘X’ boot animation. If so then follow the these steps otherwise skip these.
6. Unplug the mobile now repeat the step 1. when your phone start to vibrate leave the power button but keep holding the volume up and down buttons.
7. Press the volume up key twice to connect and see the stock recovery. After at the screen with triangular red symbol android appear on screen. Now simultaneously press the volumes and power buttons for 5 seconds.
8. Now recovery options appear on the screen and by using volume keys select ” wipe data/ and factory reset” and select yes. After that move to “wipe cache partition” and select yes.
9. After that select “reboot system now”.Now your mobile will be reboot.
This is the how you unroot Nexxus 5? completely and successfully. I hope this will provide you the complete guide and help you. Follow it unroot your Nexus 5 and if their is any problem discuss in comments and also share your experience and suggestions 🙂